Tuesday 21 December 2010

Surroundings



Over the last couple of months I have been inspired more by my surroundings, than I have by designers and their work. I think its always good to acknowledge designers and incorporate their style into my work, but I think my work should be more about what I am about. Before starting this course I didn't do that much research into designers I did my work based more on what I thought looked right or made sense to me . The key thing to me is communication. I don't agree when people say 'that design doesn't communicate'. I believe everything communicates something even if its not communicated well. When I talk about my surroundings I mean things that interest me e.g signage, labels, editorials, posters at the bustop billboards, road signs, cd covers, leaflets etc. They are all created for a purpose whether its visually or for reading purposes.

As a designer there is always going to be a group of people that are not going to understand what Iam about but that is what makes designers and design interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment